Our agricultural best practices have been implemented over decades with a focus on:
- No clearing on primary/natural forests and High Conservation Value (HCV) areas
- Zero burning for oil palm replanting
- Protecting and conserving endangered, rare and threatened (ERT) tree species
- No new planting on peatlands
- No hunting within our operations
In 2014, we made a commitment to cease all new development of land. This commitment includes no new planting on peatlands. We have since shifted our focus to increasing the yield of our palms on existing plantation land to reduce the need to clear more land for the production of palm oil.
Our Conservation and Biodiversity Performance in 2020
- 1,531,972 Trees Planted
- More than 46,000 ha of land identified as HCV and CSA areas
- 80,000 ha across palm oil concessions have the potential to be established as safe haven patches for orangutans
- Development of world’s first mechanism to minimise Human-Elephant Conflict.